PayPal for ASP.NET - dashCommerce

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Polybius, Apr 12, 2008.

1. I'm looking for a simple way to place PayPal in my website at DASP. On Scott Guthrie's blog, I found a mention of the dashCommerce.org site, an open-source PayPal integration for ASP.NET.

But I notice that the documentation there says:

When running dashCommerce, your installation, depending upon your configuration, may need to make web requests to other sites (such as PayPal, USPS, UPS, etc.). Doing this requires a modified medium trust. Some hosters may not allow for modified medium trust, so you should check with your hosting provider before deploying dashCommerce to your hosting environment. Provided a modified medium trust is allowed, you will have to add the following permission to your modified medium trust file at the MACHINE level:

<IPermission class="WebPermission"version="1"Unrestricted="true"/>
    Here's a link:
    http://dashcommerce.org/dashCommerce/technology.aspx
    My questions are:
    1. Can anybody here recommend dashCommerce?
    2. Is the "Modified Medium Trust" setting viable here at DASP?
    My main need is to find a simple, clean way to accept payments over the internet via PayPal and/or credit cards, for my ASP.NET website here at DASP. I'm open to other ideas.
    Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Polybius

2. They run full trust here, so you shouldn't have any problems. (Full trust trumps medium - modified or otherwise.)

3. Jamie,

That's good news. Thanks.

Polybius