Perfomance Monitoring

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by financialme, Oct 5, 2006.

1. I assume,in DASP's shared server environment, that a DASP clientis limited in terms of access & use of (IIS or other) performance monitoring tools, for example to determine "performance bottlenecks" (particularlyprocessing or memory intensive applications)that might point to sub-optimized code/memory use.

Iassume the general idea is any "performance monitoring" and code-review by the developer takes place before prior to deployment (using their local IIS and associated tools).

Still,this leaves open the question of how performance might be extended/scaled/degraded as a result of DASP configuration policies or operating rules.

Maybe I am wrong in my assumptions:

(a) are there "performance monitoring" tools (I don't mean "LiveStats", raw logs) accessible on discountASP for client use?

(b) are there guidelines/experiences that one should be aware of that a developer could factor in towards a "performance expectation"? For example, somewhere I thought I read that each discountASP account gets a memory partition of 100Mbyte and that memory inefficiency might lead to degraded performance?

TIA

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

we monitor overall server performance (CPU, Memory, DiskIO, etc.) but we do not monitor individual site performance.

We host each customer's site in an unique application pool and the appPool is configured to recycle itself when memory usage is over 100m

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET