Playing mp3 File from Web Page

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by idayaraj, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Hi

I'm trying to Play an MP3 file from my web site, Nothing works, Can someone help me do that ????

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Raj

2. Thanks for the reply Vickram, i tried this but doesnt work, I dont think i am doing it the rioght way,

Do you mind, just walk thru me step by step to implement this, please.

thanks in advance

raj

3. What i do is

I have the mp3 uploaded in music folder under my project, and have the webpage.cs created under the root. and

this is the code i have.

PseudoMP3_1.Src = @"\music\"+song + ".mp3";

PseudoMP3_1.Stream = true;

PseudoMP3_1.AutoStart = true;
    Still doesnt work.

4. In the Forum post i mentioned earlier,I have a download link to a sample application.Check that out!

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Vikram

sorry if i bother, but i followed exactly the same way as your code , but it doent play the song. Im not even getting an error message either....

any advice ?

6. I was able to play MP3?s using the embed statement on my DiscountASP aspx pages. For example:
    </o:p>
    <EMBED src="SoundFiles/ThePinkPanther.mp3" autoStart="TRUE" hidden="FALSE"/>
    Admittedly, the keywords ?autostart? and ?hidden? will throw compiler errors, but they work just fine anyway.
    The ?hidden? keyword hides the player if true, which means folks can?t turn off the sound. Might not want to do that.
    You can also play <st1:place w:st="on">MIDI files too, e.g., ?ThreeStooges.mid?.
    Good luck,
    </o:p>Lar