Please add SPF records to outgoing email servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by bruceb, Oct 25, 2007.

1. I've asked for this using the Help Desk, but paraphs I wasn't understood.

Anyone who hosts their site (and sends email thru their site) can't use SPF records to prevent spam, since we're using DiscountASP's server to send the email.

A trivial solution: add 1 line of text to the domain name record (DNS)of dotnetplayground.com (that's the server that sends the email).

See http://www.websitepulse.com/help/testtools.spf-lookup-test.html.

This way, we can add include:dotnetplayground.com in the DNS of our domain names.

Please add the SPF record to your domains!

Thank you

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Alternatively, you can also add the IP of the outbound servers. You can request that from technical support

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. I can also see the IP in each email headers.

However, every site (on DiscountASP.net) might use a diffrent server, thus the need to maintain different IP's for each domain.

It would be trivial, very little effort/work/time for you to do it and maintain it,dotnetplayground.com is registered at GoDaddy.com, and theymakes it very simple to add an SPF record.

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I wouldn't recommend using dotnetplayground.com because we have other mail servers which has a different domain name.

When you contact technical support, we can provide you with a list of IPs that email will be relay from.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET