Please critique

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by cpond, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Hello all,
    I have created a web development web site. I work full time but am looking for side work. I would appreciate a critique especially in regards to the content. Unfortunately, that seems like the most time consuming part. [​IMG]

Anyways, I am not senstitive so don't hold back.. Site is http://www.spartansoft.net. Thanks a lot for your time!

2. mjp

mjp

It's certainly slick and fancy and the content is presented in a way that makes sense and is easy to digest.

Where you lose me is with the images. When I see those kind of stock photo business people I usually assume that the company is one person, and the pictures are there to make me believe otherwise. I understand what the photos are meant to convey, they just don't work for me. That's a personal preference of course, your mileage may vary. ;)

Overall though, the site is head and shoulders above the majority of the one-man designer/consultant sites I've seen, so you're ahead of the game there.

mjp
    DiscountASP.NET
    <SUB><SUP>http://DiscountASP.NET

3. mjp

mjp

4. Thanks a lot for the feedback. I am also torn about the images, I bought a template and that is the images it came with, I actually used far less of them then it came with. So I really can't take credit for all the look and feel althoughI did tweek it quite abit.

Its funny, some days I like them because they kind of potray my potential clients but then other times I dislike them for the same misleading comments you mentioned where I am trying to represent them as employees. Just hate to lose some potential clients due to the fact that actually am a one man show.

Thanks again..

Christopher Pond
    SpartanSoft Technologies
    Innovative Technology Solutions

5. I looked at your site briefly. The photos are not very diverse and therefore probably exclude many potential clients. Also, I noticed typos. Check your services page - Referral for one. Also check your Title Case in subtitles, they are inconsistent.That's what I noticed right away. I like the color scheme - it's very businesslike, nice effects on the navbar. But does the look truly represent YOU. It seems you are the business but you are stretching yourself a bit thin by representing yourself as a big company.