PLS i need advice .how does one choose a membership providers code

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by bigmike40, Apr 14, 2007.

1. I have a question Which membership provider codeshould i use when attempting to connect a
    a sql2000/2005 on remotedata base
    Thanks

<membership>
    <providers>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />
    </providers>
    </membership>

<configuration>
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="SqlServices" connectionString="Data Source=MySqlServer;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;" />
    </connectionStrings>
    <system.web>
    <membership defaultProvider="SqlProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="20">
    <providers>
    <remove name="AspNetSqlProvider" />
    <add name="SqlProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
    connectionStringName="SqlServices"
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="true"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
    passwordFormat="Hashed"
    applicationName="/" />
    </providers>
    </membership>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

2. I did check the link but i was looking for some info on the MembershipProviderson setting up the passwordRecovery id to send email when a userforget their password.

3. Thanks[​IMG] is it possiable if i didn't havethe membership provider tag setup in my web.config, would istill

able to use the passwordRecovery featureto send password.Because i i have a project setup using the membership role and i cannot get the passwordRecovery to send email

Thanks you

4. ok off topic

I'm running an aspnet.mdf database on the server and i'm wondering if i can upload another project with
    another aspnet db on the same server without causing any confliction. or i should say how can i upload the
    other database.I did made an attemp to rename one of thembut vwd says u cannot change the name.
    so what can i do[​IMG] Thanks
    Im running SQL2000

5. If you mount a second DB it will wipe out the existing one.
    Best thing is to create a merge from within SQL Server.
    Not very tricky to create a new DB locally and pump your data into it.
    If you get into any conflicts just use underscores or table name prefixes, things like that.