Poblems with ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Beta 2

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by jevans, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Hi -

My site was developed using the Atlas dll's and I receintly upgraded (following the insturctions on the ASP.Net site) to upgrade it to the
    ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Beta 2 Framework. The site runs fine locally but after uploading here I get the following error. I have gone over the
    web.conig and sectionGroup name="microsoft.web is only declared once in the file.

Is ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Beta 2 supported yet?
    Server Error in '/2005' Application.

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Section or group name 'microsoft.web' is already defined. Updates to this may only occur at the configuration level where it is defined.

Source Error:

Code:
    Line 2:  <configuration>
    Line 3:  	<configSections>
    Line 4:  		<sectionGroup name="microsoft.web" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
    Line 5:  			<sectionGroup name="scripting" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
    Line 6:  				<sectionGroup name="webServices" type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
    Jim Evans

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

3. Bruce -

Yes - the app is in a subdir but does not need to be - I can mobve it tonight and retest (keeping a backup of course).
    Thanks for the tip...

Jim Evans