Point domain at my beta site?

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by JustMe, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Howdy.

I'd like to redirect my domain at my beta site, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if this can be done?

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We do not direct customer domains over the the ASP.NET 2.0 beta hosting test platform. Customer domains are directed to the production webservers. The ASP.NET 2.0 beta platform is only for testing purpose and should not be used for production websites, as ASP.NET 2.0 is still in beta. Also, we do not install beta frameworks on production environments.

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Hi,

A slightly friendlier riposte to this question might encourage your customers to remain beyond the BETA period.

I imagine plenty of folks, me included, already have their sites upin the "sandbox" and feel frustrated at not being able to move their domains. What's theproblem ? OK, MS have said one or two API's will be tweaked for the final release but I can't believe they will go deliberately out of their way to nuke all the development work done with the Betas.

Presumably you have no objection to our putting linksto the "sandbox" in ourproduction domains ?

Look forward to a more soothing user experience

Jon

4. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We do not have plans to point domains to the ASP.NET 2.0 beta 2 sandbox, as it is a beta test environment and not a production environment. We also do not load beta frameworks on the production environment.

With this beta release, Microsoft has not locked down the features and functions. Things may changebetween the beta and final release. We have no idea whatMicrosoft will do and what the final product features/functionswill be at this time.

You are welcome to link to your beta test site from your production site, if you wish. However, please note that after the official release of ASP.NET 2.0 (announced as Nov 2005) , the beta test platform will be taken down and wiped clean.

After we are able to test the upcoming locked downRTM versions, we will be able to comment on how we will support ASP.NET 2.0 after its final release.

DiscountASP.NET
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET