possible to set page-level cache policy on DASP server

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by timo888, May 4, 2010.

1. Google Chrome ignores the "expires" and "cache-control" settings in the HEAD section of an HTML page when the page is rendered in a frame.

So I'd please like to know if there is a control-panel dialog where the server-generated header for my HTML pages can be edited. These are plain HTML pages, not .aspx pages. I could convert the entire site to .aspx and write the headers in the code-behind, but would do that only if the cache-policy cannot be configured.

Thanks for the help.

2. ...That may be a tough one but I've got a hunch you should be able to find some scripts people have created for this very thing. Try: http://www.bing.com/
    All the best,
    Mark

3. I simply want to know if DASP offers a dialog where I can set the server headers for my pages, and if yes, where it is.

I don't need to be told to use Bing, thank you.

4. Hi,
    DASP has a KB that does have some code samples but they don't have a code dialog.
    Bing is your friend, why not give it a shot..it's free and there for you.
    All the best,
    Mark

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

This is not exposed in the control panel. If you are on IIS7, you can configure this yourself using the IIS manager. If you are on IIS6, contact support w/ the details and we can configure it for you.