Privacy Domain?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by TonyP, Nov 6, 2006.

1. I hope you guys are planning to offer privacy domain one day. I haven't owned a website in a few years and I totally forgot this feature. Had I known they didn't offer privacy domain, I would have never registered my domain through DiscountASP.

2. mjp

mjp

The registrar we currently use - Tucows/OpenSRS - does offer the service, but there is an added fee involved and it is not integrated into our billing system, so we cannot offer it to our users. We get very few requests for it, and it is not available on all TLDs.

Technically, "private registration" is against ICANN policy, but many (most?)registrars have worked around that policy in order to offer the service. Most private registration services cost more than the domain registration itself, so it's not surprising that registrars want to be able to sell it.

mjp
    DiscountASP.NET
    <SUB><SUP>http://DiscountASP.NET

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

We do not have immediate plan to offer this feature.

You can, however, transfer the domain to another registrar that supports private registration. You'll need to create a support ticket to let us know before you proceed w/ the transfer.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET