Problem running reports from Report Viewer in local mode

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by prairieflow, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I have given up trying to run the reports in remote mode. However, I am not doing much better in remote mode.

I have created a report in rdlc format (my understanding is that the report must be created in rdlc rather than rdl format if I am going to use local mode). The report is located in a folder in my website named "REPORTS_RDLC" and the name of the report is "MyReport.rdlc".

I have created a webpage with a Report Viewer object. The processing mode is set to 'Local' and the code for the Report Viewer object is as follows:

<rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" Font-Names="Verdana"
    Font-Size="8pt" Height="400px" Width="400px">
    <LocalReport ReportPath="REPORTS_RDLC/MyReport.rdlc">
    <DataSources>
    <rsweb:ReportDataSource DataSourceId="ObjectDataSource1"
    Name="ElectionMasterDatabaseDataSet_FPPCNameAddressMaster" />
    </DataSources>
    </LocalReport>
    </rsweb:ReportViewer>
    <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server"
    SelectMethod="GetData"
    TypeName="ElectionMasterDatabaseDataSetTableAdapters.FPPCNameAddressMasterTableAdapter">
    </asp:ObjectDataSource>

I have uploaded both the report file and the webpage containing the Report Viewer to my website. I also upload two additional files to the App_Code folder in my website. The two files are "ElectionMasterDatabaseDataSet.xsd" and "ElectionMasterDatabaseDataSet.xss"

When I attempt to run the report, the Report Viewer is displayed but not the report. I must be missing something.

Do I need to add additional coding to the webpage that contains the Report Viewer?

Bette