Problem: Unable to Use RicherComponents RichDatePicker v2.0

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by mikeymac, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Hello!

I am trying to use the RicherComponents RichDatePicker V2.0 control. I downloaded the demo product from the RicherComponents website, installed it on my machine, and added the control to my toolbox in VS2005. I added it to my page, and successfully compiled. As I expected, it loads with additional verbiage noting that it is a demo version of the product, and tells me to buy the new version. No problems yet.

When I upload the page to discountasp.net, the page fails to load because it cannot find the RichDatePicker component. If I upload the RichDatePicker dll to my discountasp.net bin folder, the page will load, but contains the demo version verbiage.

How do I point my page to the discountasp.net's installed version of this control so that it will run without the demo limitations?

Any help would be appreciated.

- Mikeymac

Post Edited (mikeymac) : 6/5/2006 4:45:21 PM GMT

2. UPDATE: After searching the forums, I see that the last version of RichDatePicker installation announcement was for Version 1.6. Is Version 2.0 of this control installed on the discountasp.net servers?

If not, where can I procure a copy of the version 1.6 dll?

Thanks!

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

V. 2.0 is not installed on our server due to new licensing issue.

You can contact support to acquire a copy of v1.6 trial.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. Update: One of your system administrators supplied me with a copy of the Version 1.6 trial. I'm up and running now.

Thanks for your help!

- Mikeymac

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff