Problem with email Alias from Domain Pointer

Discussion in 'Email' started by boxertechco, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. I have tried several strategies, and I have reviewed the forums and knowledge base, but I cannot get email aliasing to work from a domain pointer.

I have 2 domains, my primary (domain1.com) and a pointer (domain2.com). I have enabled email aliasing on the domain2.com (and now also on domain1.com). My understanding of aliasing is I want an account on the pointer (e.g. [email protected]) to forward all messages to a same named account on my primary ([email protected]). In email management, I defined an email alias for [email protected] (control panel forces domain1), and in the list of emails, I enter [email protected]. However, [email protected] cannot be used if it already exists as an email account (and therefore has a password, etc.).

I have tried creating [email protected] has a standard email, and with email aliasing enable for domain2.com, sent emails to [email protected], but the message never arrived at [email protected].

I do many things well, but DNS maintenance is not one of them. Any advice?

2. Never mind. My last settings worked. I guess I need to review the postings for slow email response instead.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.