Problem with Video Upload - server unavailable -

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Masa, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Hello everyone, I've a strange problem with my web-application on discountasp (in local its works ok).

I've a website where I can upload videos. I've 2 exe file for encoding video and they convert my video to .flv video. I use c# .net for execute the encoding and then save the flv file.

Now: If i put a file about 5 megabyte its works ok, but when i try to put some big file (10 Mb) it lost the connection and also the website go offline. It get me 'server unavailable'... in 5 five seconds it returns ok!

Any suggest?

Maybe it's a strange problem with web.config, cause in local it works ok!

2. Maybe my problem is with web.config and some parameters about 'globalization'.
    That's why we have a similar website on discountasp but USA version and its ok. In that website we haven't set nothing about globalization.
    The versione with the problem is in european and i have set the culture to 'it'. Maybe that give some problems with the program the encoding my movie-file.

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

The most likely cause is application recycling. If your application uses a lot of memory during the upload (> 100MB), the application pool will recycle.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

4. How can i sure ot that? Can i 'bypass' this limit ?

thanks

5. so, i have two account with discountasp.
    One european versione and one usa versione. With usa version i haven't that problem.

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

7. many thanks... but I've solved with an optimization on encoding, so it required less memory!