Problem with web.sitemap

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by kvenkat, Jul 23, 2007.

1. I have a new account with discountasp.net, and I am trying to deploy an ASP.NET application that uses the sitemap feature. The application runs fine on my local machine, but when deployed, it does not find the "Web.sitemap" file. But this file does exist at the root of the application directory. The specific error message when running the application on the server is:

Server Error in '/' Application
    The file web.sitemap required by XmlSiteMapProvider does not exist.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The file web.sitemap required by XmlSiteMapProvider does not exist.

I would appreciate any help with resolving this error. (I have other apps that run fine on the server, but they don't use sitemaps.)

Thanks,
    Kumar

2. Give us the exact URL and detailed instructions on how we can replicate this issue on our end.

3. I got it resolved. I had failed to configure the directory as an application through the control panel. That fixed it.

Thanks

Kumar