Procedure for using Richer Components in non-discountASP.net development environment

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Holf, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Hi,

I can get RichDatePicker and RichTextBox working fine on DiscountASP. However, how can we use these controls offline during development? I can download a 30 day trial but what happens when these 30 days are up? Is it possible to download another trial version for another 30 days?

I was wondering how other users are developing with thesecomponents offline before going live.

Any thoughts appreciated...

Thanks

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

For temporary development work on your own computer, you can use eval versions. For longer term development work, you would purchase the component form the vendor.

Eric

http://www.DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Web Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best .NET Web Hosting Service

3. Unfortunately this is not possible with RichTextBox. The version available for trial use from Richer Componentsis version 3.1. The latest version available on DiscountASP is version 2.5. (according to here: http://kb.discountasp.net/article.aspx?id=10245).

Can you please let us know how we can develop for version 2.5 before going live? Obviously buying it is one option (at a cost of several hundred dollars) but then that sort of defeats the point of having it available on DiscountASP at all. After all, if I have to buy it to do development, then I can just use that license for the live deployment anyway.

Thanks...

4. Same problem with RichDatePicker. Only version available for trial is 2.0.
    Latest version on DiscountASP is 1.6.

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Please create a support ticket. We can provide you with the trial version.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

6. Will do. Thanks very much for your help.