Provisioning is too slow

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by eastla, Jun 25, 2008.

1. I have been using Discount ASP.NET for several years.
    I refer many of my customers due to good service and features.

Lately each time I sign up someone I get silly messages like credit card needs more info or provisioning is in process etc.

Last 3 sign ups have taken between 5 hours to 3 days.

This is totally unacceptable.

I have asked for reasons via email several times but my emails are getting ignored mostly; and the few responses I have had have not given me any reasons for these delays.

I want some answers or I will be finding new hosting for my customers.

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

Not sure what is happening with your particular case but most of the time, when an order is not provisioned instantly, it is due to our Credit Card processor declining the card for some reason. They don't tell us why - we would need to investigate further.

Eric
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2008 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best .NET Hosting Service

3. I have no idea.

But all I can tell you is that it has happened now 3 times in a row over a 3 week period approximately.
    Once they did mention something about the card but in the end it went through so I presume that the card ended up being alright.

Just wondering if it also may have something to do with my referral code; is that possible?

I would really appreciate some answers....

4. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

I don't think it is one issue that is causing your experience. If it were, then it would be happenning to a LOT of customers. The third party credit card processor service can have issues too - they handle a LOT of transactions so they could have some hiccup here and there thatcan cause a false declines.

We are also seeing customers sign up successfully with the Referral ID so there is no systemic issues here as well. I'll let our Referral Manager know and to keep any eye out for any issues.

Basically, we are not seeing any systemic issues that is affecting orders from customers so I'm afraid that it could be a string of bad timing. Is there any pattern to your orders? Like say, you ordered them all at around the same time of day? did you orderall accounts on the same day of week? didthey all use the same Referral ID? ...etc. I'm just shooting in the dark here...

Eric
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2008 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best .NET Hosting Service