Publish Failing

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by phusionpcstoredev, Oct 25, 2010.

1. I cannot publish to the server and I am less than a week from the up and running deadline. When ever I hit publish I get following message in the command line:
    Get service of SVsBuildManagerAccessor fails

I have no idea what's wrong; I found nothing on google, and it has been working fine until Saturday (I have not changed the publishing configuration).

Even if no one knows how to fix this main issue; I would be fine for now if someone could suggest an easy way to edit my web.config on the server since the only changes I really NEED to make are configuration related.

Thank you very much for your time, it is very much appreciated.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Use FTP. You'll have much less problem.

3. Thanks Bruce, I can update successfully with FTP, so that gets rid of the urgency... However, it is a pain in the butt compared with one click publish, so I would still like to get that fixed... is there any way I can submit a ticket or something?

4. Login to your control panel and click the support link at the top of the page.

After you get squared away - pretend you didnt and just use FTP :p

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

i think you should open a support ticket. we can start some tracing and look at the log/.