Question about using login control in discountasp

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Bruce, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

This error is most likely caused by the fact that your application's connection string is pointing toa SQL express database. You'll need to update the connection string to point to the SQL server.

If you still have trouble, post your connection string in the web.config.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. MIW

MIW

Hi I am new todeveloping web. I've been using Visual STduio to develop it. WHen I uploaded my project to discount asp, I ran into the trouble of how to connect my database since in visual studio I use local SQL express database. I've managed to work it out by ordering SQL extension in discount asp and attaching my current uploaded database to that new database. Everything wen't relatively smooth until I use login control. When I tried to login the error message is:

When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

How do I enable remote connection? thank you so much guys!

3. Doesn't the login control use the default sqlexpress database aspnetdb.mdf for storing login information?

4. I believe the login control uses the LocalSqlServer connection string by default .So you may modify that connection string to your remote MS SQL server.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET