QuickBooks Web Connector DLL not loading...

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Bruce, May 30, 2007.

1. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Unfortunately, this is not going to work on our server because we do not support COM object installation.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. I just downloadednsoftware's IBiz connector for QuickBooks and will try that instead. I believe that DiscountASP does support this product, correct?

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

4. Interop.QBFC6.dll is used to create and decode XML data objects for a web service connection with QuickBooks accounting software. It's a COM DLL, supplied by Intuit. The problem is that the COM class does not want to load, and... I've read all the posts about COM DLL's not being supported by DiscountASP.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {EE7620FE-2EE1-4077-8A52-E485E85DD6B1} failed due to the following error: 80040154

Intuit does not offer a .NET version or else I would have used it. Has anyone else perhaps run into the same problem? I would imagine that, with millions and millions of QuickBooks users, I might not be a lone ranger by asking this question.

Is my project not going to work on DASP?
    Please don't tell me so...

Thanks.