Reporting Server issues

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by shakasha, Dec 17, 2007.

1. OK, still trying to get past the user/password.

First using the default user DASP set up and the password...

I've tried just the user: rs_xxxxxx

I've tried: rs2k501\rs_xxxxxx

And: rs2k501.discountasp.net\rs_xxxxxx

I created a new user and gave enables all the roles, still no go. I enabled all the roles for the default user too.

• <LI style="DISPLAY: inline; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">An error has occurred during report processing.

• <LI style="DISPLAY: inline; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Cannot create a connection to data source 'test2'.

• <LI style="DISPLAY: inline; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Login failed for user 'RS_xxxxxx'.

2. Also in the Data Source setup I have tried all of the choices:

[​IMG]

Connect using:</BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG]</BLOCKQUOTE>

<LABEL for=ui_rdoPromptUser>Credentials supplied by the user running the report</LABEL></BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG]</BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG]
    <LABEL for=ui_chkPromptForWindows></LABEL></BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG]</BLOCKQUOTE>

<LABEL for=ui_rdoStored>Credentials stored securely in the report server</LABEL></BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG]</BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <LABEL for=ui_chkStoreWindows></LABEL>

<LABEL for=ui_chkImpersonate></LABEL></BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG]</BLOCKQUOTE>

<LABEL for=ui_rdoIntegrated>Windows integrated security</LABEL></BLOCKQUOTE>

[​IMG]</BLOCKQUOTE>

<LABEL for=ui_rdoNone>Credentials are not required</LABEL></BLOCKQUOTE>

3. Hello!

I have been scratching my head for a couple hours solid now. I have made changes to my web.config, I've added the VB code as suggested on this forum, and have tried every combination of user/password and still get this message in the management console:

An error has occurred during report processing.

An error has occurred during report processing.

• <LI style="DISPLAY: inline; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Cannot create a connection to data source 'test2'.

• <LI style="DISPLAY: inline; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Login failed for user '(my user name)'

When I try to run the page, I get:

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I am certain I have the server URL and path correct, and have tried all the combinations of this also to no avail.

I must be missing some key piece of the puzle...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
    rob

4. OK, I can build a report using the Report Builder, but I am limited on the design. So I am attempting to create a report with VS2005 and use that. I understand that I rename the file from RDLC to RDL and upload it to the Report Server. From what I read, that should be all I need to do. But, when the login comes on I cannot get past it. So I tried using a model as the DataSource and I get an error:

• <LI style="DISPLAY: inline; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Semantic query compilation failed: e InvalidSemanticQuery The semantic query is not valid. Details: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ( '').

Do I need to change the DataProvider setting from SQL to something else? What else do I need to do for my reports to work on the Report Server?

Thank you!

Rob

5. Are you able to generate/view the report under the 'Preview' tab [design mode] in VS2005 on your local machine?You need to provide your database credentials before you can view your report.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET