ReportViewer Problem

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by JeffreyRhodes, May 1, 2008.

1. I am trying to use the ASP.NET 2.0 version of Microsoft ReportViewer on our DASP site. I am trying to reference the ReportViewer DLL's in the app's bin directory rather than having them have to be in GAC. I thought I was successful, but when running the application, I get this error:

Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer.Reset()'.

This is well-documented online as being due to the server not having SP1 of the ReportViewer. I have placed these files in the \bin directory as specified in this and other posts:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1088361&SiteID=1

Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll
    Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll

All are version 8.0.50727.817

I have also tried pulling version info out of the .aspx tags to ensure that it uses the \bin version, but with no success either:

<%@ Register Assembly="Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms" Namespace="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms" TagPrefix="rsweb" %>

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Jeff Rhodes

2. Thanks for the reply. I certainly could ask tech support to get SP1 on the server, but this is a commercial application and I'd like to validate that it can be run without an install on each server.

Thanks again,

Jeff

3. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I am not even sure if we have Report Viewer 8 SP1 installed since we already installed RS 9 installed.

You should be able to load the version in your bin folder though as long as the version is different. Do you know the version number?

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET