Request for testing server

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by KPayne, Nov 2, 2003.

1. DASP,

I have recently completed a major overhaul of all of my existing Web Applicatons and Web Services. I beefed up the security on them, and in the process, have rewritten a ton of code to include role-based security and a session state hybrid that caches stuff in my SQL Server database.

My request is, can DASP provide some sort of testing environment for it's customers where functions that are greatly affected by the server configuration can be tested before moving them into production?

The projects that I just finished overhauling include 5 Web applications and 3 Web Services. I can't bring myself to "hit the button" and move the new code into production. I've done exhaustive research in this Forum and throughout the Web to make sure that I have accounted for your server configuration, but I would feel much more comfortable if I could do some testing in a cloned environment.

This is not a threat in any way, but a bona-fide testing platform is much better than the alternative - signing up for a free 30 day account with a different credit card just for the purpose of testing.

BTW - I think you guys do a great job. The customer service here is the best that I have seen.

Thank you for your attention,

Keith Payne
    Technical Marketing Solutions

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Unfortunately, we cannot provide a test account.

I suggest you test your site on your local computer, it should work fine if it runs on the local box.

quote:Originally posted by KPayne

DASP,

I have recently completed a major overhaul of all of my existing Web Applicatons and Web Services. I beefed up the security on them, and in the process, have rewritten a ton of code to include role-based security and a session state hybrid that caches stuff in my SQL Server database.

My request is, can DASP provide some sort of testing environment for it's customers where functions that are greatly affected by the server configuration can be tested before moving them into production?

The projects that I just finished overhauling include 5 Web applications and 3 Web Services. I can't bring myself to "hit the button" and move the new code into production. I've done exhaustive research in this Forum and throughout the Web to make sure that I have accounted for your server configuration, but I would feel much more comfortable if I could do some testing in a cloned environment.

This is not a threat in any way, but a bona-fide testing platform is much better than the alternative - signing up for a free 30 day account with a different credit card just for the purpose of testing.

BTW - I think you guys do a great job. The customer service here is the best that I have seen.

Thank you for your attention,

Keith Payne
    Technical Marketing Solutions
    </blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

3. Bruce said:
    quote:I suggest you test your site on your local computer, it should work fine if it runs on the local box.</blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks, Bruce I needed a laugh this morning! I agree that if it runs on local host its more likely to run on your big boxes, but most of us have put so much junk on our machines that any similarity between 'em and a production environment is purely coincidental.

On the other hand - anyone who wants a test area, or that wants email going to a particular domain name can pay you $10.00 @ month ( = 1 large coffee a week?) and get another site from you. (I'm up to 4 with you, one of which is only a tester for the present moment.)

Jon
    (Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be sixty-nine cents @ pound)