Rich Text Box Help...

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by interstorm, Sep 14, 2007.

1. I am having problems getting the Rich Text Box component to work. Right now I have an aspx page with these lines:

<%@ Register TagPrefix='RTB' Namespace='RichTextBoxControl' Assembly='RichTextBox, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=17b15412cfbf13c1' %>

<RTB:RichTextBox ID='rtContent' runat='server' CssClass = 'WebBorders'
    ButtonImagePath = '~/Content/Images/RichTextBox/Transparent/'
    ImageMenuPath='~/Content/Images/RichTextBox/Transparent/'
    BackColor = 'khaki' HtmlOptionBackColor = 'khaki' ToolbarBackColor = 'khaki'
    Height = '420' ImageUploadPath='~/Content/imageUpload.aspx/' ImageUploadUrl='/' />

in my web.config file, i have the following entry under assemblies:

<add assembly='RichTextBox, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken=17b15412cfbf13c1'/>

when i navigate to the page, i get the following error:

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'RichTextBox' is ambiguous in the namespace 'RichTextBoxControl'.

Suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Vikram, thank you - the page is now rendering. It appears as if it isn't fully working yet, though. The control just renders as 1 large text box without the rich text box functions (no images, doesn't render in HTML). It seems as if this has happened before (see link below), but the solution wasn't posted there. Any suggestions???

http://community.discountasp.net/default.aspx?f=5&m=11662&g=16269#m16269

3. I changed the code to use lowercase (see below) but I still get the same error:

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'RichTextBox' is ambiguous in the namespace 'RichTextBoxControl'.

Source Error:

Line 46: <tr>
    Line 47: <td>
    Line 48: <RTB:richtextbox ID='rtContent' runat='server' CssClass = 'WebBorders'
    Line 49: ButtonImagePath = '~/Content/Images/RichTextBox/Transparent/' ImageMenuPath='~/Content/Images/RichTextBox/Transparent/'
    Line 50: BackColor = 'khaki' HtmlOptionBackColor = 'khaki' ToolbarBackColor = 'khaki'

Is there an additional instance of this control on the server causing this issue?

4. Do you have a copy of the dll in your bin too?If yes,remove it because the framework is not sure which one to use (GAC or local one) else specify the version to use in your web.config if you paln to use your local version as follows:

<compilation&nbsp... >
    <assemblies>
    <remove assembly='RichTextBox, Version=1.x.xxx.xxxxx, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=XXXXXXXXXX' />
    </assemblies>
    </compilation>

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET