Secure Documents Directory

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by jbizkit, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Not sure exactly which forum this should go in so I am starting with ASP.NET 2.0 although I believe this may be an IIS topic.

I have an ASP.NET 2.0 web app using forms auth and the aspdb for members. Real basic website. I wanted a secure directory for admin functions, so I set up a directory then plopped in a web config with the following:

2. Thanks. I did read that article before but did not see a way to implement this within the discountasp.net environment.

Have I missed some IIS configuration panel within the admin feature of my website on discountasp.net?

thanks for the quick reply...

3. Hi,
    IIS6, right?
    You do have a section in the CP where you can deny anonymous users for folders.
    Other than that I'd recommend making sure Directory Browsing is Off.
    Salute,
    Mark

4. That seems to walk around the forms auth and cause a challenge-response from the server, which means I would have to add all the users in our system in the CP interface as well as in the membership db. And if I hit the cancel button, the page is still rendered without the formatting.

Guess there is no way in discountasp.net to set how the doc types in IIS get rendered like the article says. That would be the ideal way to do it.

5. I'll do some more research for you on this, it is important.
    I'm wiped today, Coached two Soccer games. [​IMG]
    Salute,
    Mark