Sending emails using the enterprise library 5

Discussion in 'Email' started by spnz, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Hi there,
    I am building a .net 4 application and I am wanting to use the enterprise library 5 for my error handling.

I am trying to setup email however I cant get it to work on the discount asp.net servers. I can get it work locally however no emails are been triggered on the live enviroment.

I have setup my web.config to look something like this

Code:
     <mailSettings>
          <!--<smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory">
    				<specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="c:\maildrop" />
    			</smtp>-->
          <smtp from="[email protected]">
            <network host="localhost"/>
          </smtp>
        </mailSettings>

The settings for the listener look like

Code:
        <add name="Email Trace Listener" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.TraceListeners.EmailTraceListener, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
            listenerDataType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.Configuration.EmailTraceListenerData, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=5.0.414.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
            toAddress="[email protected]" fromAddress="[email protected]"
            subjectLineStarter="ERROR!!" smtpServer="localhost" smtpPort="25"
            formatter="Text Formatter" authenticationMode="None" />

Do I need to do some extra steps to get the enterprise library to send emails?

Any help would be great!

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

any errors?

3. I have the same issue. Logging App Block neither logs into files nor sends emails. And there is no any error message. Do we have a partial trust problem here?

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

if you have a trust problem, you should get an ugly error.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.