SEO Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by carbonarc, Nov 11, 2009.

1. I'd like advise on a professional person or company that can assist us with SEO for our web site. The site has been around since the mid-90's and is full of content, but I don't have time or expertise to improve the rankings. There are tons of amateurs posing as the real thing so I'm looking for someone that can be recommended based on experience. Thanks.

2. Jmeeks

Jmeeks DiscountASP.NET Staff

SEO Services

Hi carbonarc,

You really will need to do some research on any SEO firm that you decide to go with. There are a good number of services out there, and if you are looking for a firm, be sure that they are willing to share some examples of previous work.

Also if they are going to promise a "#1" ranking or placement, feel free to move on to the next firm. There is no way to promise or guarantee a #1 placement. To do this you would need to have inside knowledge of a search engine's algorithm for search rankings, and that is all kept very secret.

In all remember that most SEO is really just good site design and maintenance. Keep your content fresh and relevant. Label everything, including images and headers. If it looks like something you are doing can be seen as spam, it most-likely will be and will hurt your ranking.

Hope that helps some :)

3. Thanks for your reply and suggestions. Now off to work...