Server Error in Application.

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by falah gate, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Server Error in Application.

when you upload some asp.net2 application in the first time to any server you will see this error:

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>m
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

to solve this problem is that:

1- Open Internet and tInformation Services (IIS) Manager.
    2- Right-Click on the folder that contains your script.
    3- Choose Properties from the menu that shows up.
    4- On the Directories Tab, click on the drop-down in front of Execute Permissions.
    5- Select Scripts and Executables and hit OK.
    6- Restart IIS for the changes to take effect.

ask hosting provider to give full control fo asp.net account full execute permission

2. This does not happen at all times.Usually,frontpage extensions can cause this issue.

With DASP,this issue can be resolved at a sub-application level,by just uninstalling/installing the sub-application using the Web Application Tool in the Control Panel.This does not apply to the application at the root level.You may have to contact the support team in the later case.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Thanks vvsharma,

I used frontpage extensions for this problem itwas not worked
    always display error there are no full control excuted permmision in IIS manager to do that
    the problem in Setting IIS
    the frontpage extensions workswith only DHTML and Java scripts Not with .NETframework DLL Lib.
    i know that if not tell me more about frontpage extensions features..............

THANKS FOR THAT

4. Thanks Wisemx,

in the first part in my post this is my web site error page when i upload my application in the main root

and in the sub directory as sub application

i used frontpage extensions and web application tool to solved this problem

not solved yet !!!!!!!!

in the second part in my post yes from

http://www.programmingtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-2280.html

andI sent to DASP Tech.support Team

but not solve this yet with my thanks for them to help me

Thanks Wisemx

5. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

i recommend you disable the customError as suggested in the error message, this will show you the real error. Post the error again if you can't figure out what happened.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET