Server Error - Missing System.Core????

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by wisemx, Nov 5, 2007.

1. My guess is your Mojo Ajax references.

Have you tried putting the same version DLLs in both /bin/ folders?
    Did you create an application for the Mojo folder?

2. I created the application via the web admin - so that's not a problem.

I could see a version problem if there were more than one version of system.core on the web server - but there shouldn't be!

I will, however, take a closer look to see what I uploaded - I know on my dev machine I'm running a beta version of VS 2008 - which has updates to what Microsoft calls red bits - I'll make sure I'm not pushing that up.

Thanks,
    Dan

3. I can run a web app (mojoportal) on my dev machine, but when I upload it to discountasp.net, I get this error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

My IIS Admin Utility shows I'm using ASP.Net 2.0 - is there something wrong with the .net installation on my web server?

Thanks in advance for any help...

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Are you running this application on your production site??

System.Coreis part of .net framework 3.5 which is still in beta and is not installed on our production server.

If you want to test the application, you can try this application on our IIS 7.0 beta server which also has .net 3.5 installed.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET