Shared hosting with full trust

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by NightOwl888, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Hello,

I am running an ASP.NET 2.0 application using the CSLA framework. It is common knowledge on the CSLA forum that the CSLA framework doesn't work with most shared hosting providers because it requires full trust permission. The framework itself makes extensive use of serialization and private reflection.

However, I was tipped off by someone there that discountasp.net has hosting plans that run in a full trust environment. I just wanted to confirm if that was true, and if so, please point me to the proper hosting plan.

Thanks in advance,
    -NightOwl888

2. mjp

mjp

3. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

Our Windows 2003 platform runs in full trust.
    Our Windows 2008 platform runs in medium trust, but we've delegated the trust control - so you can control the trust level via web.config.

Eric
    http://www.DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2008 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best ASP.NET Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best .NET Hosting Service

4. I knew from the past, Atlas days, we had full trust on 2003, but thanks for shedding light on the 2008bit. [​IMG]

5. Wow, thanks for the prompt reply. I am impressed.