SharePoint Services

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by David4FSU, Mar 5, 2004.

1. At work, we have been using SharePoint Services in some trials and I am blown away by the power and ease of use.

Bruce, I know you had mentioned that you would examine these services as an offering in 2004. I was curious if MS charges extra money for hosters that offer this service. It seems like an awful lot of power for them to give away for free. That is not like them :)

Have you decided yay or nay on offering SharePoint services?

Thanks and keep up the great work,
    David

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

David,

We have decided not to offer sharepoint in the near future.

SharePoint is an intranet application that don't actually fit into our market. We provide a solid hosting platform to MS oriented developer who specialize in asp or asp.net. Our primary focus is not Application Hosting.

quote:Originally posted by David4FSU

At work, we have been using SharePoint Services in some trials and I am blown away by the power and ease of use.

Bruce, I know you had mentioned that you would examine these services as an offering in 2004. I was curious if MS charges extra money for hosters that offer this service. It seems like an awful lot of power for them to give away for free. That is not like them :)

Have you decided yay or nay on offering SharePoint services?

Thanks and keep up the great work,
    David
    </blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

3. Thanks for the reply Bruce.

I definately understand your point of view. I would rather have you do one thing really well than to stretch yourselves too thin.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

David