Shutting down accounts

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ccsol, Jul 13, 2007.

1. We have been a customer for almost 2 years.
    We have a small site that gets used 4 to 10 times a day from various customers.
    On 7/4 after business hours you sent an email reguarding the experation date of a credit card.
    Our server placed this into a spam folder with the message heading "Credit Card Expired"
    No other correspondance was sent to us
    On 7/12 you shut down our account
    If you look at a calander that was 5 business days
    Is this standard procedure that you would suspend an account in 5 days after sending one email warning
    I wonder what other business rules you have in place to support long term customers

I changed the credit card info 3 hours ago and still no update and the site is not running
    We have a few databases on the site that are not backed up by us- again small application
    Now going into the FTP area this is all blank
    When willyoutake your$30 and make the site run like it did last week???

Thanks

Jim House

2. mjp

mjp

Jim,

If you updated the card the site will be reactivated soon. You don't see your files when you FTP in to the site, but they are still there.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to send out any kind of payment notice, or information about credit card expiration without the message often landing in a spam folder.

Your account was suspended, not canceled. We do thatwhen an account passes it's renewal date yet remains unpaid for at least 7 days. Typically the suspension will alert the customer to the expired card issue, even if our email is relegated to a spam folder, as I assume it did in your case.

Before an account goes from suspended to canceled status, another email is sent, and a phone call is made to the admin contact for the account. So we don't ever cancel an account without making several attempts at contact.

If you have any other question about the process feel free to email billing@ and they can help you out.

mjp

DiscountASP.NET - Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
    - asp.netPRO Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service
    - Visual Studio Magazine 2007 Readers' Choice Award for Best Hosting Service