Single Sign-On

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mjhillman, Oct 21, 2010.

1. OK, now this is getting ridiculous. I have a hosting account, TFS account and a forum account and I have to have a user name and password for each account. Can't you embrace the single-sign-on concept and make life easier?

2. dmitri

dmitri DiscountASP.NET Staff

This is not possible. TFS is a completely different hosting offered by our company. The forum is optional and we cannot force people to have forum account. Having a single login to everything can make your life easier, but it will also make the lives of hackers easier as well, because if anything is compromised, then everything is compromised.

3. mjp

mjp

As Dmitri said, they are distinct services, so it isn't possible to have a single login. A TFS customer may not have a hosting account and vice versa. We don't want to establish unused accounts on either end of that equation.

I wish we could sync the forum database to the primary corporate user database so everyone would automatically have a forum login. Unfortunately the forum software doesn't (yet) have a function to connect to a foreign db and pull data in.