Site not working on Safari or Chrome browsers...Works fine on IE..Please Help

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by FirstPickTicket, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Please Help Me out with this problem, It wold be greatly appreciated.

If you go to www.firstpickticket.com with internet explorer - select( for testing sake ) Kid Rock on the home page, Than scroll to the concert on 9-2-09 and click on view tickets (far right hand side of screen) and you will then get a screen with all of the available tickets for purchase.....

Now repeat this exact process in Safari and you will get to the last screen only problem is you won't see a list of tickets...

It's this way with any event, I just use the Kid Rock one as an example

2. ...I don't run Safari but do test with IE8, FF3.52 and Google Chrome.
    Right now FF and Chrome are dumping some of your code at the bottom:
    response.write("window.location.search.substring(1)")

...Then clicking on View tickets works in both but displays a blank data area in Chrome.
    With FF it displays a form from tickettransaction.com but never completes loading.

This pretty much assures me you have server-side code errors.
    All the best,
    Mark

3. Wisemx,

Not sure what you are saying, I didn't write the code for this site, I do know that it did work untill about 2-3 months ago...

Is there anyway or anyone that could fix this problem?

Not Sure if it makes a difference, but this particular site was desinged as an iPhone webapp...

4. ...The code string I posted wasn't showing before but it is now?
    If you can't find anyone to look over the code let me know.
    All the best,
    Mark

5. ...I can't get anyone to look over the code..I know it's hosted on discountasp.net

That's why I was posting on here, I don't know anything about this stuff..The company I hired to write this isFacebookster.com they are a bunch of crooked aholes and won't call me back...

If there is anyway you could take a look at it and possibly repair it or even if you know someone who can, that would be great!!!

6. mjp

mjp

We can't fix code just because it's hosted here, I'm afraid. If the original developer is unavailable you should probably be looking to hire another developer who can fix it for you. It may or may not be a trivial fix, but since you can't really do any of the work yourself, any advice you get here isn't really going to help you.

7. ...If you want I'll look at the code, purely out of compassion. ;-)
    1) Free, no charge.
    2) Can not promise anything but I'll do my best none the less.
    3) Just send me a PM (Private Message here in the forums) with your DASP account login info.
    All the best,
    Mark

8. mjp

mjp

Mark rises to the occasion once again. You must have seen the bat signal...

9. Mark,

I sent you a PM with my info...I really appreciate your help!!

10. mjp

mjp

Looks like that duck's days are numbered...

11. ...Amazingly that little Duck is resilient. ;-)
    It now sits on the pathway you can see behind the fotos of my Bing Harley.

12. ...I've gone through the code and made a few changes.
    Whoever wrote that code did some freaky little tricks that are not allowed in code but do appear to be working.
    For example, they are running code changes in DIV sections that are embedded in HTML "A" tags. While that may work it is not good, but apparently they made some code decisions based on the 3rd party ticket agency the site uses. Which is also what was throwing up those errors I saw on 28 Aug.

I corrected some serious CSS errors however that should allow Safari to load the page now. There were bogus CSS Class names in DIV's, Javascript with the type missing, CSS color attributes that used bogus colors by name instead of valid CSS colors.

I didn't change any of the code but for the most part...If it's working don't mess with it unless you have to. ;-)
    All the best,
    Mark

13. mjp

mjp

Nice work.