Site redesign

Discussion in 'Site Design, SEO, Google and Site Promotion' started by gbourque, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Presently my site is hosted on another server using ASP/HTML. I am changing over to ASP.NET using VB and VS2003. I will be hosting the new site on DASP, it can be viewed as I finish up the coding. There is still much work to do prior to changing over the DSN pointers. But would like to now what you think about the progress so far. Maybe check out the difference between the hotels in Buffalo on the two sites and which has the better feel. Not all pages are loaded or linked in at this time. As I said work in progress.

Old site
    www.traveltoniagara.com

preview site
    http://traveltonia.web139.discountasp.net/

ANy feed back would be greatly appreciated. This has been a learning curve that is for sure. But the more I learn the more I like it.

Jerry

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I like the new site better. It is easier to navigate and is much cleaner.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Some of your images are linked to localhost.

I like the nave menu much more. It looks like more of a backend redesign than frontend. 'Course once you have a good backend framework you can transform your data to any interface you like so I reckon that's the right way to do it.

I noticed to bad aliasing on your old site's graphics (edges are antialiased to a black matte over a white background. ) Don't know if that's the case on the new site but if you need those fixed drop me a note and I'll draw them with proper antialising and send em your way.

Cheers, Ed

Ed Palma - edified.org