SMTP mail from server error, except for recipients with the same domain name as server? (PasswordRe)

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by hypothetico, Feb 24, 2006.

1. The error below can be reproduced by visiting

http://www.xeowoolfe.com/xw_profile/xw_login.aspx

and trying to recover/reset the password for Chris. (Secret Q: 1, Ans: 2)Chris has an optusnet.com.au email address (which is real and valid.)

However, if you do a password reset for Bruce(Q 1, A 2) , who has an email address of [email protected], then it works okay!!??

xeowoolfe.com is a pointed domain, it points to hypothetico-deductive.info (in our Web 'cluster'.) Mail server is mail.hypothetico-deductive.info.

Note - both users are me.

How do I get the server to accept the recipient addresses. This problem doesn't occur with a standard contact page using smtpclient. I wonder what is different about the PasswordRecovery control that causes the problem??

Ta Much,

Bruce.

Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser)

Source Error:

Code:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
    Stack Trace:

Code:
    [SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser)]
       System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) +800307
       System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) +2004
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LoginUtil.SendPasswordMail(String email, String userName, String password, MailDefinition mailDefinition, String defaultSubject, String defaultBody, OnSendingMailDelegate onSendingMailDelegate, OnSendMailErrorDelegate onSendMailErrorDelegate, Control owner) +341
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.PasswordRecovery.AttemptSendPasswordQuestionView() +653
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.PasswordRecovery.AttemptSendPassword() +66
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.PasswordRecovery.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +101

Post Edited (Bruce) : 2/24/2006 3:53:51 PM GMT

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

you are probably using a wrong smtp server. try set the smtp to localhost.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET