Spam settings

Discussion in 'Email' started by Adsgio, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Many moons ago I had set Smartermail to prepend the subject of suspect emails with the text "SPAM". Having switched to Spamexperts this is now redundant. However, I still receive a good few emails with this text added. I cannot find a way of disabling this in Smartermail, can anyone help please?

David

2. martino

martino DiscountASP.NET Staff

Hi David,

You will need to log into the SmarterMail system with the primary admin of the email service. To do that log into the control panel on Discountasp.net

Click on Email Manager link on the left.

Click on "SmarterMail Management Login as Primary Admin".

Once inside click on Settings button (Looks like agear icon)

Expand "Filtering".

Click on Spam Filtering.

Place a check next to "Overwrite spam settings for this domain"

Click on Actions

Set all of the actions to No Action and click on Save.

mjp likes this.
  3. Thanks for your instructions Martino - have done as you suggested. Wait and see!

David

4. I fear that did not work. I then tried prefixing the subject with a space, that failed too. I then set the actions for the domain and account as shown below. I have subsequently received emails with the subject lines:-

SPAM? Sony Cashbacks ending soon.

1a Unbeatable offers for an unbeatable you

1a SPAM? Get the gingham ready!

None of these were spam, all were passed by SpamExpert. Where is the "SPAM?" coming from?

David

account.jpg

domain.jpg

Attached Files:

5. RayH

RayH DiscountASP.NET Lackey DiscountASP.NET Staff

Maybe SPAM? was part of the subject line when the messages were sent? (i.e. it was not pre-pended)

6. It is I suppose conceivable but in my view extremely unlikely. Messages with SPAM? prefix have been received from around 100 different senders ranging from my friends to SagePay. 16,000 messages have been quarantined by SpamExpert since I signed up, not one has had such a prefix. This suggests rather strongly that it happens after entering the DiscountAsp environment.

David

7. SOLVED! The guilty party was SpamExpert! I must have set the rule at some time and forgotten!

RayH and mjp like this.