SQL Server ERROR

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by MacMaster9600, Jan 13, 2011.

1. I have on my site a MDF file that contains data for one of my pages. This data works perfectly on my local IIS, but when I upload it to my server I get the following error...

Server Error in '/' Application.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Please help. I need to have this deployed and working by the 15th.

2. So, I have to purchase a SQL server in addition to the ASP.net account I already have?

Creating a Local Sql server would also require the SQLserver Addon to my account?

3. You can't use SQL Express, which is basically what you're currently trying to do, as SQL Express is not meant to be used in a live environment.

SQL Addon would be the only way (and best) to use a SQL database in your hosting account.

4. I will take my server and hosting needs to another company. Many provide one sql instance with your hosting purchase. Thank you.