SquirrelMail?? NOOOOOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mdleichty, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Argh! I used SquirrelMail two web hosts ago. It always had errors, and I had to log in individually to every single person's account in order to create an alias to another domain. The next host (Readyhosting) was 1.5 billion times smoother, but logging into their pop3 servers caused frequent failures. Now, DiscountASP and SquirrelMail again! GAH!

By the way, how DO you set up aliases now?

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Do you mean email forwarding?

You can set up email forward in the control panel.

quote:Originally posted by mdleichty

Argh! I used SquirrelMail two web hosts ago. It always had errors, and I had to log in individually to every single person's account in order to create an alias to another domain. The next host (Readyhosting) was 1.5 billion times smoother, but logging into their pop3 servers caused frequent failures. Now, DiscountASP and SquirrelMail again! GAH!

By the way, how DO you set up aliases now?
    </blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

3. Am I able to forward to my AOL account? I've tried and couldn't figure it out. [​IMG]

Regina G

PS. I am not crazy about SquirrelMail either. I have it at my employer's site, with 2 other options including Horde. I'm having difficulty with all of them, though not at DASP. But, being the aesthetic individual that I am, Squirrel isn't that pleasing, not to mention that there are limitations in how I can make my mail look--or maybe I haven't worked with it enough, yet. But so far, I'm not impressed.

Post Edited (Regina G) : 10/23/2004 2:19:12 AM GMT

4. Ihave beenmissing something--the only account I had for my site is a POP account, so when I try to set up forwarding to my aol account, I receive the message: Account already exists as either
    POP, Forward or Autoresponder.

But, I've figured out my problem now. I should have set it up as a forward account...correct?

Okay. [​IMG]

Regina G

5. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff