SubDomains Not Working

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by firststop, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Hi,

We purchased a new domain and hosting account, then purchased the unlimited subdomain option. I've created several subdomain folders using our ftp client and moved over websties into their respective folders.

Have problems with accessing the subdomain index and .asp pages. Everytime you type in the browser

sub.mydomain.com it brings up the default pages of the main domain.com

Created a trouble ticket, they referred me to the below documcent.

After the subdomain addon is provisioned, you will have a wildcard subdomain set up so that *.domain.com, will point to domain.com. Then you can control any specific subdomain with your code. See: http://support.discountasp.net/KB/a3...directory.aspx

Read it and followed its direction. Created the defualt.aspx page using the sample script contained in the support doc. placed the default.aspx page in my root directory ..but it still doesn't work. Updated my trouble ticket and they said to create an account here and ask for help.

My default.aspx code is as follows per your docs:
    <html>
    body><%
    If InStr( UCase(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")), UCase("shop.mydomain.com") ) > 0 Then
    Response.Redirect("/shop")
    ElseIf InStr( UCase(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")), UCase("info.mydomain.com") ) > 0 Then
    Response.Redirect("/info")

End If
    %>
    </body>
    </html>

What am I missing? PLEASE HELP!

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

what is the url and what actually happens when you type in the URL?