Suggested steps on moving site from another hosting company

Discussion in 'Getting started' started by dhay, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Hi.

I've had my account for a few months and have yet to take advantage of it due to not knowing how to move an existing site from one hosting company to another without / very limited down time.

What are the suggested steps? I have my domain, website, and database at Arvixe.com.

1. what is suggested for moving domain? Should I move the domain to DiscountAsp, google domain manager, or other?
    2. what are the steps for moving my site files over to discountasp without downtime , or at very least limited downtime?
    3. what are the steps for moving my sql db over?

Thanks for any assistance!

Derrick

2. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

We offer free site migration services. Wee can move your site for you. We'll move the files over and you can test your site on our servers while your site is still live at Arvixe. Then when you are ready to make the switch, you'll update the domain name servers of your domain using the web interface provided by your domain registrar. Our team can go over that with you after you test your site on our servers. To get the migration started, send a ticket to our support team through the helpdesk at https://support.discountasp.net and use your control panel credentials to log in.