Suggestions for a Discussion Forum

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Livvy, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Hello. This is my first time posting on this board. I have been a DiscountASP customer for several years, and I am very happy with the services.

I need a suggestion for a discussion board that works well with DiscountASP. I like the IP.Board 3 (http://www.invisionpower.com/products/board/), and I wonder if anyone has used this software. If not, what software do you recommend? I prefer an interface where I can administer the forum setup and installation.

I have used Snitz in the past, but it doesn't offer all of the features that I am looking for in a discussion forum.

I plan to use SQL Server 2005 or 2008.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Andrea

2. mjp

mjp

Invision has a lot of fans, but they will charge you $60 extra for a "Microsoft SQL driver," and you would need that to run it on our servers (as we no longer support MySQL).

If the extra fee isn't an issue, Invision is a good forum. It's certainly much more flexible than most of the native .NET forums you will find, like snitz. But honestly, I don't know if anyone is running it here. I haven't seen any posts or support tickets about it.