Switch over to RC from beta 2

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by Deion, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Any Idea when/if they plan to switch over to the release canidate of .net 2.0??

~Deion

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

We have no immediate plan for this as we have not tested upgrading the framework from beta to RC.

The upgrade may require complete reinstall.

Considering the timeframe of the release, it is not likely that we will be upgrading.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. That bites... tho its understandable... with the release date so close i was afraid that might be the answer.

So far the conversion over isn't a big deal for me itjust that they made changes to the aspnetdb stored procs that means i have to run two diffrent DB's for the site depending on which 2.0 framework i am running on....

When the release hits, what is your timeline on getting the release version of 2.0 up and ready for customers to use?

Thanx for the reply back.

~Deion

4. Takeshi Eto

Takeshi Eto DiscountASP.NET Staff

5. You can have multiple versions of the framework on the same server. Please install the newer RC version. My development needs require it. If you guys really aren't going to update, and will wait for the release in November, I will be forced to do development elsewhere.

I realize that this is beta software, but I don't think I'm asking for anything extraordinary here.

6. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

1) There is no RC for ASP.NET 2.0 redistribution. ie. it only comes with VS.NET 2005 RC. It is not possible for us to install VS.NET 2005

2) The golive license doesn't cover the RC

I guess you'll have to do your development on your own computer.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

7. I will contact Microsoft myself and see if they can help out. I'll report back.