System.Net.Mail not working

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by shakasha, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Hello,

I see in the annopuncements that there was an emailproblem that is marked as "resolved", but I went to send an email from an app that has worked for a year or so and it is not sending. I receive no error, just the emails do not appear.

I'm looking a bit foolish to my client.

Is there still an issue?

Thanks!
    Rob

2. I don't think,there were any issues with the email lately.You may want to try another 'To' address(hard code it ,if possible) and see if that works?

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. Thanks for the reply.

I tried what you recommend for kicks, but still no go. I heard from Support and there seems to be some issue with the server being overloaded with emails. Maybe a SPAMMER is hogging the resources or something I guess. I am not a happy camper at this point as it sounds like it may be months before the problem is resolved.

Not happy.

4. My app isn't working either. I got the same message from support. It apparently stopped workingthis morning at around 9:00 am. Please post a reply if anyone has a resolution!!

Ali Ibarguen
    BluePrint PM, LLC
    blueprintpm.com

5. I thought I had problems earlier with the emails. Then...

every site I have on Discountasp.net was down and I was in a crazed state!

[​IMG]

I thought I was being punished for complaining!! (Not that I'm paranoid or anything...)

I hope they get the email resolved. I see there is a new post on the announcements.

Rob

6. rob: me too! Yikes! Not been a good day with DASP.
    I love them, though; if they fix it soon I'll be happy.
    - Alison

Ali Ibarguen
    BluePrint PM, LLC
    blueprintpm.com