Thanks for screwing up my email. Please, do me no favors with future upgrades.

Discussion in 'Email' started by raymondp, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.
  1. Have you tried changing the password to your? The automated migration system could not migrate the passwords over so they were changed to your discountasp account password. Log into your discountasp control panel go to Email Management and go to the drop down box next to Quick Edit/View. Choose Email Users and update your password. You may also need to retype the password in your email client such as Outlook.

Unfortunately since we are in the process of retiring our legacy mail server for a more robust, powerful, and richly featured SmarterMail server, all customers will eventually be migrated to the new mail server.

rcp
    DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

2. From your email:
    'Dear Customer,

As outlined in our previous email, we have successfully migrated scriptstudios.com to our new SmarterMail system. Please allow at least one hour for DNS changes to take effect. During the migration and DNS change incoming mail is queued and will be delivered to the new system shortly. The contents of your existing mailboxes has been transferred, with the exception of 'Trash' boxes, which are not migrated.
    ...etc etc'

I can't log into webmail. I can't download email.

I have important business emails that I have coming in, THAT I COULD ACCESS EARLIER BEFORE YOUR 'UPGRADE', and I can't get to them to download to my machine now.

From now on, don't upgrade ANYTHING of mine unless I ask for it, ok?

Oh, and fix my email.

Post Edited (ScriptStudios) : 12/21/2007 4:23:08 AM GMT

3. ok, according to the email, there was no talk of using the original password. I was able to figure that out after I was able to log into the control panel. Once in there, I saw the message.

But now I cannot download my email today. I could last night, but today...nothing. When trying to get my email, Im stuck at trying to log into the pop3.

It worked last night. Today it is busted.

Again, do me no favors. Please fix my email.

Between this and the four times my site went down right after I subscribed to your services, I am just about ready to move elsewhere.

4. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

I am not aware of any system outage on our end.

If you still hve problem, i recommend you create a support ticket.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. mjp

mjp

Actually the email you quoted in your first postdiscusses the password issue. Rightafter you cut off your quote with "...etc etc":
    Please note the following important points:

- All POP account passwords have been reset to the primary account password. It is not possible to migrate passwords, as they are encrypted for security purposes.

Migrationhas someunpleasant aspects, I don't believe we have ever tried todeny that, but we have done all we can to communicate the details and impact of the migration before we began the mandatory stage (in email and here in the forum), and after the migration completes (in the email you quoted).

If anyone has suggestions for waysto make mandatory migrations more user-friendly we are always open to your input.

mjp
    ---
    DiscountASP.NET

6. I have to agree.

The primary account is now postmaster.
    An account I did NOT setup.

I was certainly concerned until I found this post.

The wording should have been 'your control panel password'.

----

Otherwise, your services and support are far far better than any of the
    supposed 'business accounts' found at other prominent suppliers.

I use discountasp.net as a standard for services and support
    and happily torture other suppliers by telling them so.

Thanks,
    Barry G. Sumpter

7. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

Barry,

we've added a new feature since the last post. You can now switch your primary account from postmaster@ to any of your pop3 account in the control panel.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

8. Wow, another awesome feature we have here. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Threads that have been inactive for 5 years or longer are closed to further replies. Please start a new thread.