Themes on Beta Hosting Server

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by davidseye, May 1, 2005.

1. I have written an app in ASP.NET 2.0 and deployed it to the Beta Hosting Server. On my local server everything worked fine. On the Beta Server I am getting an error that says my Themes cannot be found in the application or global theme directories. They are there. I created a new theme folder on the server just to check it out and it can't find that one either. Has anyone had this problem. Any suggestions?

2. I was able to work out the problem by reading other posts and picking up a few hints. As someone pointed out, at this time the only Application directory set is the root directory, unlike DASP where we can use the Control Panel Web Application Tool to set up subdirectories as Application Roots. So I moved my App_Themes folder to the root folder ofmy beta site and my pages were able to locate them. Oh yeah, thanks also to the ASP.Net Quickstart Tutorials on Using Themes to Customize a site which clued me in to the fact that the .NET 2.0SDK looks for the files in the Application Root.