This isn't the service I'm used to from Discount

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by JonO, Apr 16, 2004.

1. I recognize that you've gotten bigger and have a lot more clients, but as the guy who maintains 4 separate accounts here because of the service I've gotten before now, the latest set of exchanges I have have with Customer (Dis)service is really disappointing.

The one area that has always bothered me is the email dependency you force on your customers to handle the glitches that crop up. Up until now, it's been easy to shrug this off because of the 'can-do' attitude shown by your support people. I think I have written of my pleasure here, in e-mails and - most importantly from your point of view - on sites that rate or review hosting agencies. Now, however, I find myself asking myself if I was right then - or now.

In my recent attempt to set up a site with your newest kit. I wasted almost three (unbillable) hours of my time trying to overcome a choice made for me without any consultation as to my wishes or explanation of how to overcome the problems immediately posed by the choice. The response I got from my email this a.m. spent more bandwidth taking me to task for partially changing the header of the email thread (apparently it messes up your tracking and I was supposed to have guessed that, how?) than it did providing responsive answers, and far more time than was spent offering up any positive solutions or looking for a way to make the situation better.

Anyone listening? You have an unhappy customer here. [V]

Jon
    (Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be sixty-nine cents @ pound)