This maybe a stupid question but i'm a newbie so i'm going to ask it . How to Runing 2 database

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by bigmike40, Apr 15, 2007.

1. I'm running an aspnet.mdf database on the server and i'm wondering if i can upload another project with
    another aspnet db on the same server without causing any confliction. or i should say how can i upload the
    other database.I did made an attemp to rename one of thembut vwd says u cannot change the name.
    so what can i do[​IMG] Thanks
    Im running SQL2000

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

3. Will this process erase my other aspnet db

4. Two applications can actually share the same aspnetdb in your case.Remember any mdf attached using the attach tool will overwrite your existing database schema.
    So first attach the other(other than aspnet db) mdf ,followed by manually installing aspnet db,which does not overwrite the former.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Ok so the aspnet db thats is presently working on my server that i created using the procedure u explain in artcle 10413.wont be affected
    when i upload the second aspnetdb. and i wont erase my first database by creating another schema using the the same article?
    Thanks

6. Well the aspnetdb you have should be fine for both your applicattions.You dont have to create another aspnetdb schma .Just make sure to specify the application name in the web.config of both your web applications.(i.e you can use the same schema both your web applications)

See: http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/428.aspx so see how to set applicationName propety in your web.config

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

7. [​IMG]what you are saying .Are you saying i should attach my second aspnetdb then manually ftp/install it