Trying to publish site from dev machine to ftp

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by bubberz, Aug 2, 2007.

1. I'm tryting to FTP via VS2005 my files to my FTP account.

What I did was had my domain set up, then did a connection to the FTP.

I then created a folder, ASPNET, and tried to publish my VS 2005 web project to the folder:

ftp://ftp.mysite/ASPNET

The publish said it was successfull, but I can't get the default.aspx page to show, nor did any of the code behind come.

...and I get an error saying:

Could not load the assembly 'App_Web_lmlmwozl'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

2. Bruce

Bruce DiscountASP.NET Staff

check to make sure all the dll exists in the bin directory.

Bruce

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

3. bruce,

Dumb question, but how do I get the bin folder to appear?

Should I look via windows explorer? Shouldn't there be a "View ALL Files" like VS 2003?

Do I have to do a manual for the code behind file? There's no code in it anyway, but just wondering.

Thanks!

4. You need to create the bin directory ,if it doesnt exist.In your Visual Studio ,when creating a ASP.NET application bin directory is considered as an ASP.NET folder and can be included in your project by right clicking on the project ,choosing 'Add ASP.NET Folder' and then choose 'Bin'.This will physically create the Bin directory at your project location as well as include it in your web application .After this,you can copy over the dll's into this directory.

Vikram

DiscountASP.NET
    www.DiscountASP.NET

5. Thanks you guys for the help!

Let's say I get all the files up into my site (.dll's and everything). I'm assuming I can just copy everything via Windows Explorer and paste via a straight IE FTP connection.

Do I need to do anything with the IIS Manager for DASP?

Seems like I need to do something like create a virtual directory or something like I would on my own machine via IIS.

Thanks again for the help!

I haven't had to do .NET this way before!