two domains

Discussion in 'ASP.NET 2.0' started by paxsft, Sep 27, 2008.

1. I am new to ASP and to your site I have two domain names not registered by discountAsp.net www.paxsft.com and www.scanimalfoundation.org I was hosting at www.ixwebhosting.com and moved to discountasp.net site.

1. I logged into ix web hosting and modify DNS Servers for both domains to ns1.discountasp.net, ns2.discountasp.net and ns3.discountasp.net

2. Since my primary domain ondiscountasp.net site is www.paxsft.com I added a root domain pointer for the www.scanimalfoundation.org

Problem: Both www.paxsft.com and www.scanimalfoundation.org bring up www.scanimalfoundation.org If I look at the DNS manager on discountASP.net both havean IP Address of 216.177.89.7 How do i fix this so I can have two distict website and how do I log on to each so i can upload and download the website? currently using Micfosoft visual Studio when i connect i use FTP Site Server:paxsft.com
    port:21 Directory: I leave blank then I type in my user name and password which gives me all of my scanimalfoundation.org files that i moved to the site... still need to move paxsft.com files... not sure it was done right to begin with.

Thanks for all your help... like i said I'm new to ASP and your site but I'm learning and liking it as i go.

2. Hi,
    Your site can have one root domain and the other domains can be pointers.
    What you would need to do with the pointers is add the unlimited sub-domains feature.
    Then in the code of your choice you redirect domain names as needed to folders that serve as needed.

It seems however that you want two distinct sites, which will require two accounts.

If however you don't mind one or more of those pointer domains being forwarded to folders you can do it with one account.

Good news is, you can use IIS7 to rewrite any URL on your site, and it will be possible to mask a folder or page extension.

I don't mean to confuse you, there simplyare that many options available to you.
    Salute,
    Mark